SLYC Operations Administrator
Are you looking for a position this summer where you can contribute to SLYC and gain very valuable business experience and work on Juniper Island? The operations administrator will work from the Tennis Hut and the Yacht Club and will be responsible for managing the billing, attendance, reporting and other operational aspects of running SLYC all summer. You will also ensure that people participating in our programs have signed all required forms and waivers. Your responsibilities will involve updating all membership information and ensuring complete membership profiles. You will be responsible for taking attendance for tennis throughout the week and reconciling clinic/class attendance with billings. The job involves assisting members with registration, billing and other aspects of membership, program usage. You will also work with the instructors in the sailing and tennis programs providing class rosters. You will be producing revenue reports for the various program directors weekly through the summer. There will also be collaboration with the social director to assist in coordinating events through the summer. As well, you will be updating the operations manual with changes and further detail relating to Mindbody software.
This position reports to the Executive Officer of Operations, Director of Membership and ultimately to the SLYC Board.
The position begins June 3 with training and 15-20 hours per week through June. The hours are Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 5:30 pm July 1 to August 30 2019 with a 1 hour unpaid lunch each day.
The rate of pay is depending upon experience.
1. Strong interest in learning how to run a business and business operations
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
3. You value having a process for how things are done
4. Computer savvy, experience with excel preferable
5. Love to learn
6. Good at problem-solving
7. Willing to escalate problems and follow processes
8. Excellent interpersonal skills with members from 4 years old to 90 years old
9. You must be eligible to work in Canada and to work with children
10. Excellent social and interpersonal skills: diplomatic and friendly, yet persistent
Please submit your resume or bio or Linked In profile and a brief statement of why this position interests you to email@example.com
Please apply by March 10, 2019. We will contact those applicants we wish to interview. After this date, applicants will continue to be considered if a candidate has not been identified to fill the position.