Welcome to Weekend Racing for the 2018 Season
Welcome to the 2018 season for Weekend Racing on Stony Lake. Weekend racing is one of the longest standing traditions on Stony that offers a fun and competitive activity for all. With a mix of old sloops and catboats to the modern designs, each race is a picturesque scene. Everyone is welcome from experienced to developing, young and old, big and small.
In addition to each individual race award that will be presented at the Annual General Meeting, we will also be presenting awards for the Overall Top Junior Racer (16 & Under), Top Instructor and Overall Top Weekend Racer. Best 5 finishes of the 2018 weekend race series will be counted towards the overall standing for each of these awards so make sure to get out often!
Members may register for the 2018 race season or have the option to pay for races individually. Fees for individual races are:
1) $16.50 for single-handed boats
2) $27.50 for double-handed boats
Fees will be billed following each weekend race to the membership card on file. There must be at least one member in each boat. Students and Instructors in the SLYC Sailing program are free of charge.
How it Works:
- Click to register here
- Find sailing instructions and special notices about the Weekend Racing program on the website or on the SLYC clubhouse notice board.
- See below for how the races work. Races start promptly at 1:30 PM (except the Catboat Championship and on the day of the AGM).
- Review your SLYC Weekend Racing Results on the website or ashore on the Clubhouse Notice board at the Yacht Club.
- For more information or to inquire about participation please contact your Weekend Race Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
What to Expect on Race Day:
There are two options of preferred race courses that depend on the number of races scheduled for the day of the race as follows:
A) A race day with one race – Olympic course
B) A race day with more than one race – Modified Olympic course
Subject to Sailing Instructions and the discretion of the Head Starter there will be 2 starting sequences:
- Sequence 1: The Laser & Fleet sequence will run first at the scheduled time.
- Sequence 2: The Aykroyd fleet start will be delayed by one signal (3 minutes) from the rest of the fleet.
- Warning Signal: 6 minutes (9 minutes for Aykroyds)
- Preparatory Signal: 3 minutes (6 minutes for Aykroyds)
- Starting Signal: Go (3 minutes for Aykroyds)