The Stony Lake Tennis Club is accepting applications for the positions of Head Tennis Pro and Junior Tennis Profor the 2017 tennis season (July and August).
Job Title: Head Tennis Pro
The Head Tennis Pro(s) will work in conjunction with the SLYC Tennis Director to provide on court instruction to players of all skill levels. The Head Tennis Pro is responsible for the providing tennis instruction to players of all abilities and ages, along with organizing and executing all Club tournaments throughout the course of the season.
Ideal candidates must possess the following qualifications:
• Certified TPA Coach + extensive coaching and on-court experience
• Leadership qualities
• Team player
• Friendly, approachable and respectful
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated, reliable and punctual
• Professional appearance
• Provincial/National/University level play
• Current and clear police check
• CPR/First Aid a bonus
• Current boat license (as of June 2017)
• Develop and oversee entire adult and junior program.
• Educate and provide appropriate expectations for staff which includes one or two assistant pro/s and two junior pros
• Create scheduling for staff
• Create lessons plans and ensure that all pros are delivering against stated lesson plans
• Project a strong presence and create a comfortable working environment for staff and Club members
• Be on court a minimum of 35 hours per week at the tennis complex. In the early weeks, the weekly expectation will be closer to 40 hours.
• Availability prior to start date for training on our software platform (likely no more than two two-hour sessions)
• Mid-summer and summer-end reviews for all staff
• Attendance at weekly team meetings with pros, junior pros and Tennis Director
• Consistent communication with the Tennis Director
Based on experience and qualifications
Please submit all resumes, with references to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 10, 2017.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Title: Junior Tennis Pro
The Junior Tennis Pro will work in conjunction with the Head Tennis Pro and the SLYC Tennis Director to provide on court instruction to players of all skill levels. The Junior Tennis Pro is responsible for the youngest players and their overall safety and enjoyment, along with assisting the Head Pro in adult clinics.
Ideal candidates should possess the following qualifications:
• Entry level tennis instructor- OTA Level 1 certificate minimum
• Current First Aid & CPR certification is beneficial
• Must be punctual, reliable and organized with good communicationand telephone skills
• Enjoy working with players of all ages (4 – adult) coaching group lessons
• Overall leadership of each group, adults and/or kids
• Assist in development of program plans for each day including coaching goals
• Be able to communicate with parents effectively
• Friendly and energetic with an ability to engage people
• Must be able to motivate and encourage students
• Be available for special events
• Based on experience and qualifications
Please submit all resumes, with references to email@example.com by February 28, 2017.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted